I have a big joint family - and there is a very strong bond with all the members.
Some values that are part of our cultural heritage are:
- Living peacefully and respecting each other's rights.
- Never ever compromising on integrity for the purpose of prosperity.
- Maintain strong bonds with the family members as well as relatives.
- Being hospitable to everyone who comes to your home, irrespective of his caste, creed, financial position or status.
- Treating guest as God i.e. 'Atithi Devo Bhava'.
- Remembering and bowing to God first thing in the morning.
- Always taking the advice of elders in case of any important decision.